In this course, we discussed the use of rubrics to assess student learning. I created a rubric to assess a 4th-grade book trailer project completed in iMovie. For this project, students are to use iMovie’s “Trailer” feature to create a book trailer for an independent reading book that they have read. To create this rubric, I used the site Rubistar. I really liked how Rubistar offers some sample rubrics for a wide variety of subject areas and project types, as well as sample criterion and descriptors. I combined a few of the sample criterion with other criteria of my own choosing to create the final product. Rubistar made the process of building a rubric online very easy, particularly with their sample rubrics and language. I also liked how the rubric can be printed or accessed online which makes it very easy to share with students as well as colleagues. Rubistar will definitely be my go-to online rubric creator in the future!
Comments
Post a Comment