In this course, we dove into the idea of digital badging in the classroom. I absolutely love the idea of digital badging as a way to incentivize learning for students. I created a digital badge pathway in the area of telling time. The students would have to progress through the five levels of the telling time pathway (Identifying the hour and minute hand on an analog clock > Telling time to the nearest 5 minute > Telling time to the nearest minute > Correctly calculating elapsed time > Solving real-world problems using elapsed time) in order to earn the Time Technician badge. This badge could then be displayed in a students' learning portfolio as a record of their growth.
In this course, we dove into the idea of digital badging in the classroom. I absolutely love the idea of digital badging as a way to incentivize learning for students. I created a digital badge pathway in the area of telling time. The students would have to progress through the five levels of the telling time pathway (Identifying the hour and minute hand on an analog clock > Telling time to the nearest 5 minute > Telling time to the nearest minute > Correctly calculating elapsed time > Solving real-world problems using elapsed time) in order to earn the Time Technician badge. This badge could then be displayed in a students' learning portfolio as a record of their growth.
I loved digital badging! Yours is so cute! You be surprised how many 5th graders still rely on a digital clock..ugh! They can't earn your cute badge!!
ReplyDelete