The Adventure of Lifelong Learning
I swore I would hang up my graduation cap after finishing Masters #2 in 2015...
But here we are - embarking on another adventure.
Let's be serious, I just can't stay away. When I heard about the D181 EdTech cohort last spring, I just couldn't resist. I'm a lifelong learner at heart. Always have been. Always will be. But isn't that at the core of every educator? How can we instill lifelong learning in our students if we're not living that life ourselves? And furthering my own education with a tech focus? Well, now you're speaking my language. As a Teacher on Special Assignment for the district, I am constantly answering questions with "let me get back to you on that," or "I don't know, but goshdarnit, I'm going to figure it out for you." That's one of the things I love most about this role, I'm consistently challenged. I'm going out on my own to research, brainstorm, tinker, problem-solve, and test out on a pretty much daily basis, and nothing gets my blood pumping quite like the challenge of learning something new and then sharing it with others. This EdTech cohort aligns beautifully to what I do every day and what I love to do every day. While I consider myself pretty tech-savvy (I'm a millennial, what can I say?!), the EdTech world is changing by the minute, so there is always something new to learn and something new to take back into the classroom to try. My hope for this cohort experience is to gain as much new EdTech knowledge as I can, not only to grow myself as an educator but to share my new insights with my fellow colleagues, so together we can send some pretty awesome 21st century learners into this world. Bring it on!

So glad you are "back" and I think it is super cool that you used goshdarnit in your post!
ReplyDeleteYou said you wanted personality! :)
DeleteI am with you on the life-long learning journey. Can't wait to see where it takes us!
ReplyDeleteWe are so lucky to have you hard-working TOSAs! Thank you for all you do and for finding answers to all of our ridiculous questions!
ReplyDeleteI love your positive attitude and your love of learning. Welcome to the learning community of 677. I am glad you are learning with us. I hope we can all share and learn from each other on this journey.
ReplyDeleteJessica you are so right! No matter what questions I come to you with, you are always able to figure out a solution for us! We're so lucky to have our wonderful 181 TOSAs. I also have a love for being a lifelong learner! This is the perfect profession for that!
ReplyDelete